Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Here Kitty, Kitty

Plugging in...

I know how dearly pet owners LOVE their animals. My sister has two children, Sophie and Murray – both cats, who are deeply embedded in the daily lives of her and her significant other. I have nothing against pets, but I take great issue with where they are allowed to roam and roost.

Twice I was contacted by the same client to remove the “hair balls” that were causing her printer to sputter and choke – just like an animal does. First time, shame on the kitty, second time shame on the client. The solution wasn’t to prohibit the cat from entering the office, nor was it an issue of training the cat to park her purr-fect self on something else. I suggested a simple, inexpensive solution. Put a plastic dust cover or terry cloth towel over the printer. Really. That's it, that's all but it took TWO visits and TWO checks made out to yours truly to get the printer covered!

By the time I was paid to untangle the hair-balls inside the printer [twice], my client could have purchased a new printer, had the cat all gussied up at the groomers or gone out for some fine dining. Tis not for me to decide how a client spends their money… I was happy to apply the correct “printer conditioner” to de-tangle and remove the errant hairs. Don’t tell anyone in the cosmetology field that I’m working on hair without a license.

ALWAYS REMEMBER: before calling for help - is it plugged in, is it turned on?

Unplugged

No comments: