Saturday, June 28, 2008

Good Will Hunting

Plugging in…

I'm not a professor at the great MIT here in Massachusetts, but I received quite the compliment from one of my Excel workshop attendees after a two-day session of Excel 2003 training. After 8 semi-grueling hours in high heat and humidity, the workshop was completed and the computer lab was vacant, except for the Tutor, who always makes sure the labs taught in are in impeccable order upon leaving (I was taught to leave things in better condition than when I found them and I'll likely be invited back).

Chairs pushed in, no rubbish left on tables, windows closed, all computers off, lights about to go off and one attendee stepped back into the room. She had her Excel handouts clutched to her chest as she spoke in a quiet, rushed voice "I feel like I just graduated from MIT" she said. She continued to let me know how much she learned, and how useful it would all be when she returned to her office and she profusely thanked me .

"How 'bout them apples" - as Matt Damon playing a janitor at MIT said in the movie Good Will Hunting!!

ALWAYS REMEMBER: before calling for help - is it plugged in, is it turned on?

Unplugged

No comments: