Sunday, May 20, 2007

Mistakes Happen

Plugging in...

Oh yes. And a biggie, too. It was more the lack of tutoring that got the tutor into trouble. Call it a scheduling snafu. One client, an educational institution who books classroom training regularly, called to cancel a workshop. In my haste, I did not notice the TWO days of training this client had scheduled.

Perhaps what happened is obvious? NO? I canceled the wrong DATE! (That's why cancellations are NO LONGER taken over the telephone). This left 18 people sitting in a classroom wondering what in the world happened to the always punctual tutor.

To say I was mortified is an understatement. I re-scheduled the class at no charge. I had wasted 3 hours of 18 people's time. Doing the math: I owed 54 hours of time to the group. I must admit, they were incredibly forgiving, gracious, and still work with me today.

ALWAYS REMEMBER: before calling for help - is it plugged in, is it turned on?

Unplugged

No comments: